How to edit source in SharePoint 2010 Content Editor Web Part (CEWP)?

By Namwar Rizvi - Last updated: Monday, July 19, 2010 - Save & Share - 10 Comments

If you are like me and wondering what happened to Edit Source option of Content Editor Web Part i.e. CEWP in SharePoint 2010 then don’t worry, it has moved to Ribbon.

Here is how you will edit source

1. Click in the empty area of CEWP
  2. Under Editing Tools, click HTML and then Edit HTML Source as shown below.

Posted in Customization, Solutions, SP2010, Tips, WebPart • Tags: , , , , , , Top Of Page

10 Responses to “How to edit source in SharePoint 2010 Content Editor Web Part (CEWP)?”

Comment from intercloud
Time May 14, 2011 at 9:56 pm

1. Add Content Editor Web Part to your page

2. Edit content Editor web part and you will see the message in your web part change to Click here to add content

3. Now click on click on Edit HTML Source and you can input your html content

If you need more information and steps how to preform this task, please go to : http://virtualizesharepoint.com/2011/05/14/how-to-edit-source-in-content-editor-web-part-in-sharepoint-2010/

Comment from Anu
Time May 15, 2011 at 12:22 am

step by step instruction can be found at : http://virtualizesharepoint.com/2011/05/14/how-to-edit-source-in-content-editor-web-part-in-sharepoint-2010/

Comment from Bijay
Time August 26, 2011 at 5:55 am

Here is a tutorial might be helpful to you !!!

Comment from LSmith
Time August 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Thanks. But, how to do change the size of the code window that opens.

In SP 2007, I could drag the edges and even go outside the SharePoint IE window. In SP 2010, I get a fixed box that I can scroll vertically, and that is it.

Line wrap jumbles the code, so I copy it and edit in Notepad. Then paste it back. That seems silly.

Comment from Chris
Time November 14, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I want to use a workflow to edit the HTML source of a multiple lines of text field when an item is created in a contact list. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

Comment from Rogin
Time November 21, 2012 at 6:34 am

Thanks for the blog.
I got what i was searching for.
🙂
Suggestion:- Please try to make the pictures big so that others can see it clearly.
Any way good work

Comment from namwar
Time December 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Hi Rogin, Please click on the image to view the original size image.

Comment from Lauri Johnson
Time April 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm

All I have is a few words of text in one of my contenet editor web parts. I do not want to use HTML. No matter what I do it messes it the spacing in the web part. Any suggestions for better way to edit other than HTML?

Comment from cmaggio

ExpandCalendar();
}
}
}

Comment from meliweb
Time February 3, 2015 at 10:44 am

The links are broken, the site http://www.virtualizesharepoint.com/ doesn’t exist anymore

Write a comment