If you are looking for standard patterns and practices used for Sharepoint Platform then look no further.
Microsoft has released an excellent guidance package for Sharepoint Developers and Architects. You can download it from the following URL
I will recommend every reader to download it and check it as it has lot of information. Some of the highlights are (as per Microsoft description)
This guidance helps architects and developers build SharePoint intranet applications. A reference implementation (RI) demonstrates solutions to common architectural, development and lifecycle management challenges.
This guidance discusses the following:
- Architectural decisions about patterns, feature factoring and packaging.
- Design tradeoffs for common decisions many developers encounter.
- Implementation examples demonstrated in the RI and in the QuickStarts.
- How to design for testability, create unit tests, and run continuous integration.
- Set up of development, build, test, staging, and production environments.
- Managing the application life cycle including upgrade.
- Team-based intranet application development.
The following areas are not discussed in this version of the guidance:
- Content-oriented sites that use Web content management
- Internet and enterprise-scale SharePoint applications
- Multilingual SharePoint applications
- Scale or security testing of SharePoint applications